Blueberry Linzer Cookies
These are the perfect treat to eat or share over the holidays
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia to 3 tbsp water) (or 1 egg)
- 3/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Klaassen Farms blueberry jam for filling
- powdered sugar for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. In a mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, vanilla extract and continue mixing.
3. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients and slowly add to mixer until dough forms.
4. Roll dough between 2 layers of parchment and use a scalloped round cookie cutter to cut shapes
out of dough. If you have a linzer cookie cutter set, cut the “tops” of the cookie with a design
on the top and use a plain round for the bottom. Otherwise make sure you cut an even number
of rounds to sandwich together.
5. Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden.
6. Set aside the tops of the cookies and dust with powdered sugar.
7. Spoon approx 1/2 tbsp of blueberry jam onto bottoms of cookies and sandwich with
powdered sugar top.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Special Thanks to