Blueberry, Balsamic + Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
One of our tasty blueberry fan favourites with an updated twist. These grilled cheese sandwiches are what delish comfort food is made of!
4 slices of rustic bread
⅔ cup Klaassen Blueberries
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup plain goat cheese
Butter, for grilling
- Place the blueberries, balsamic, and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the blueberries have burst and the mixture is thick and shiny. Set aside to cool.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, and place butter side down to assemble.
- Spread a thick layer of goat cheese on two of the pieces of bread, and place butter side down in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Immediately spoon the blueberry mixture onto the goat cheese, top with the remaining bread slices, and press down with another pot or the spatula to squash the blueberry mixture and goat cheese together.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides, let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Self Made Mama
Photography Sharalee Prang Photography