Makes one 8” galette
1 pkg of pie shells (should have 2 shells, slightly thawed)
4 cups blueberries
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
butter for brushing edges of galette
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Remove pie shells from foil pans, flatten and stack together on top of a piece of parchment
paper – the double crust is key! Place on round cookie sheet.
3. In a bowl mix blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon until well combined.
4. Carefully pour blueberries on to the centre of the pie crust, creating a nice mound of
5. Fold and pinch edge of pie crust into filling all the way around, ensuring the pie crust is well
pinched. Brush edges of galette with butter.
6. Bake for 25-30 mins or until crust is golden brown. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe by The Cake Mama
Photos by Sharalee Prang Photography