Blueberry & Pumpkin Pancakes with Pumpkin Spice Syrup
1½ cup water
1½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup pumpkin puree
Spice Mix Ingredients:
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon all spice
¼ teaspoon ground clove
*You can also use 1½ tablespoons pumpkin spice instead of the other Spices*
- Mix all spices and pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, mix water and sugar and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the pumpkin spice puree to the saucepan, allow to simmer for 10-15min while occasionally stirring.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
5. Strain your syrup through a fine mesh strainer.
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1 cup milk
6 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and egg. Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake (you can also use a big ice cream scoop)
- Cook pancakes about one and a half minutes per side, then place 5-6 blueberries into the dough and after 1 minute or so flip them, continue to cook them for another 2 minutes
- Enjoy pancakes with some butter and pumpkin spice syrup!
Photos by Yarrow Side Creatives
Recipe by Timothy Reimer