Blueberry Crumble Muffins
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ¼ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) Klaassen Farms blueberries
Crumble Topping Ingredients
1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup very cold butter, grated
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line two muffin tins with liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla until well combined.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a small bowl and add to
the wet ingredients, folding to combine with a spatula.
4. When almost all the flour is mixed in, add the blueberries and gently fold them into the
batter. You should still be able to see small streaks of flour here and there as you fold you
don’t want to overmix the batter.
5. Divide the batter amongst 18-20 muffin cups.
6. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, blend the crumble ingredients until you have a mixture
that resembles oats and uneven breadcrumbs.
7. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the muffin batter.
8. Place in the 425F oven for five minutes, then without opening the oven, turn the
temperature down to 375F and bake for 12-14 more minutes, until a toothpick inserted in
the centre comes out clean.
9. Let cool for five minutes in the tins before transferring to a cooling rack to cool