Makes 12 small scones
3 cups flour
1.5 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup very cold butter
3/4 cup milk
2 cans of coconut cream refrigerated overnight
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 c sugar
3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup chia seeds
Preheat oven to 350*
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Coarsely chop butter and add to flour mixture rubbing between fingers until mixture resembles
chunks the size of peas.
3. Add milk slowly and stir into flour mixture eventually using your fingers to knead the mixture
together. Do not overmix, mixture should look just combined.
4. Chill dough for 15 mins.
5. Roll onto floured surface, approx 1” thick.
6. Cut with a round cookie cutter taking care not to twist into the dough as this prevents a good
7. Place rounds onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake for 12-15 mins or until golden.
Chia Jam Instructions
1. In a sauce pan combine blueberries, lemon zest and lemon juice and bring to a low boil.
2. Using a potato masher gently mash blueberries to release the juice.
3. Add maple syrup to taste and then reduce mixture to a simmer until mixture is slightly thicker.
4. Add chia seeds and allow to cook for about 3 minutes to soften seeds.
5. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then transfer into mason jars or heat proof container
with a lid. Chill until ready to use.
Coconut Cream Instructions
1. Coconut cream cans should be refrigerated the night before to separate the cream from the
2. Open cans and only scoop out the thickened cream saving the liquid for another recipe.
3. Place in to mixer with a whisk attachment and whip on highest setting with cream of tartar.
4. Gradually add sugar and whip until thick. Serve immediately.
Photos by Sharalee Prang Photography
Recipe by The Cake Mama