1 pkg quinoa
1 large cucumber
1 red onion
2 peppers (yellow and orange for color variety)
1 cup EVOO
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Follow package instructions on how to prepare quinoa. Allow to cool completely before
preparing this dish.
2. Chop all vegetables into approximately 1/2” chunks and set aside.
3. In a saucepan place blueberries and just enough water to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook on
medium low heat until blueberries have thickened. Allow to cool.
4. In a blender, add blueberries, vinegar and olive oil and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until
ready to use.
5. In a big serving bowl, combine quinoa and chopped veggies. Drizzle dressing and toss until well
combined and to your taste.
6. Finish off with your favourite cheese crumbled on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Flavors
will develop more when refrigerated for an hour or more.
Recipe by The Cake Mama
Photos by Sharalee Prang Photography