Blueberry Lime Curd
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Klaassen Farms blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 ounces/113 grams softened butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1. Put blueberries, sugar and lime and zest in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until
blueberries have popped and softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a food mill or
blender. Whisk the butter into the warm puree..
2. Put eggs and egg yolks into a bowl and beat lightly. Slowly whisk a cup of warm puree
into the eggs to temper, then combine both and whisk together. Wipe out pot if
necessary, return liquid to pot and cook over low heat until nearly bubbling and
thickened, about 10 minutes.
3. Let cool before refrigerating or using as a filling.
Special Thanks to