Want to enjoy some blueberry goodness? Serve up a slice of our Blueberry Coffee Cake, we promise it is a sure why to satisfy your dessert cravings and impress your dinner guests.
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter (melted)
Preheat oven to 375*F
1. In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add egg and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Add dry ingredients alternating with coconut milk until just combined, then add blueberries.
5. Pour batter into a greased 8×8 pan.
6. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, flour and butter until crumbs form. Top batter with crumble.
7. Bake for 45-55 mins or until crumble is golden brown.
Special thanks to Izabela from The Cake Mama for helping us to create this tasty cake inspired recipe