Is there such a thing as a person who doesn’t like grilled cheese? Or a person who doesn’t like blueberries?
We don’t think so! We’ve come up with a DECADENT and delicious way to combine them into this incredible Blueberry Brie & Marmalade Grilled Cheese.
It might sound a little strange, but trust us…. It’s “do a THIS IS AMAZING dance while you eat it” good.
First, you’re going to make a simple compote of Klaassen Farms Blueberries.
Simmer 1 cup of Klaassen Farms Blueberries, 3 Tablespoons of sugar, and the juice of a lemon until the blueberries have popped and the liquid is thickened and syrupy- about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool- it will thicken more as it cools.
2 pieces of your favourite bread
1 Tbsp mayonnaise or softened butter
2 tsp bitter orange marmalade
A few ¼” slices of brie cheese
¼ cup of Klaassen Farms Blueberry compote
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread 2 pieces of bread on one side with mayonnaise or softened butter.
- Spread the other side with marmalade, and top one side with the sliced brie.
- Spread the cooled blueberry compote over the brie, and top with the second slice of bread.
- Transfer to the pan and cook until golden brown, then flip and cook until the other side is browned and the cheese is oozing from the sandwich.
- Serve immediately.