- 1 cup regular cornmeal (not coarse)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh or partially thawed Klaassen Farms blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Grease and lightly flour an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the cooled melted butter, brown sugar, and honey together until
completely smooth and thick. There should be no brown sugar lumps. Then, whisk in the egg
until combined. Finally, whisk in the buttermilk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Don’t over-mix or
your cornbread will be too crumbly.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and
the center is cooked through. Use a toothpick to test- it should come out clean!
6. Allow to slightly cool before slicing and serving with butter and/or honey.
Special Thanks to