Try this traditional Polish dish with blueberries for a modern twist
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups frozen Klaassen Farms blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
1. Combine flour, salt, water and oil in a bowl and mix until dough forms a ball.
2. Climate can affect the moisture in the dough, therefore if dough is dry, add water 1 tbsp at a
time. If dough is sticky, add flour 1 tbsp at a time until dough is smooth.
3. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead dough for 3-5 minutes until dough is elastic.
Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
4. Once chilled, roll dough onto floured surface and cut 3” circles. Dough should be between 1/8”
and 1/4” thick.
5. In another bowl combine blueberries, cornstarch and sugar. Set aside until ready to spoon into dough.
6. Spoon blueberry filling into centre of the dough, then pinch dough to close pierogi. Take care in
not pulling from the centre of the circle to prevent bursting while cooking. For detail, begin
pinching and folding the edge of the pierogi from one side to the other.
7. In a large pot of boiling water, boil the pierogies until they float to the surface.
8. Sprinkle with a little sugar on top or serve with whipped cream.
Special Thanks to